Monday, December 13, 2010

Getting My Feet Wet!

Last night when I got back to my apartment, I was surprised to see that my landlord had not yet plowed the parking area.  There was a two foot high bank of wind blown and street plowed snow blocking the driveway!  So, I got my car shovel out and went to work.  Yet, I got a lot of snow in my shoes, thus wet feet!  After and hour I got the drive cleared enough to get my car off the road.

So, I wake up this morning and get ready for class.  I wait at the bus stop for a while (single digit with negative wind chill) but no bus.  Do you think that if my landlord didn't bother shoveling last night that the sidewalks would be cleared today?  Yeah...nope, so i had to huff it to campus, more wet feet!

That brings me to right now.  This is my first attempt at creating a blog...yes, you're catching on, hence Getting My Feet Wet!  The focus of this blog will be in the general area of science education.  I intend to provide posts that would helpful in a classroom setting and helpful when creating lesson plans.  As I stated in the about me section, I'm basically one semester away from student teaching so the content of this blog will probably shift more toward my experiences and things that I am going to use or have used in my preparation for student teaching.

Thanks for checking me out ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment