Monday, December 13, 2010

Thematic Unit Integration

So now that my Thematic Unit is complete for my Reading Education class, I get to use it in my future classrooms.  All the work for the unit is done I just have to implement it.  To help me do that this blog would work very well.

First, all the sources that I used within the unit could be easily linked through this blog.  That would allow students to come here, find what they need for their assignments, and even maybe some other cool non-related information.  I would be able to write about the unit in a greater depth than what I would be able to cover during the regular class sessions.

Second, the students could make their own blogs about their experience while learning about the content of the unit.  The students could link up through their blogs and throw ideas off each other related to the assignments of the unit.

1 comment:

  1. I think student blogs are a great idea. They get way more out of it then just writng a paper and it doesn't feel like homework because they are able to personalize it and communicate with eachother. Very motivating.

    ReplyDelete